Role- Postgres DBA
Must be a USC
Location- Westminster, Colorado
· Responsible for database administration tasks including installations, upgrades, migrations, security patches, backups/ restores, space allocation, etc on Development, Test, Staging, and Production database instances.
· Provide application support and monitoring in a high volume production environment, and lead efforts in troubleshooting and resolution of application issues.
· Assist senior DBA and DevOps team with implementing database architecture and design plans.
· Assist multiple software development teams with new feature development and testing, including data modeling, modifications to schemas, performance tuning, etc.
· Database and Application Server Administration experience working with Postgres (9.3, 9.4, 9.5), PostGIS, and DB clustering technologies.
· Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in database administration, development and support.
· Requires a BS/BA in computer science or a BS/BA coupled with relevant experience.
· Experience with shell scripting, PL/PGSQL or PL/SQL.
· Experience with version control systems like SVN or Git, and build automation tools like Jenkins and Liquibase.
· Red Hat Linux production environment with high uptime requirements.
· Strong drive to rigorously apply best practices to ensure stability and performance.
· Excellent written and oral communication.
· US Citizen with ability to obtain a secret clearance.
· Ability to be on rotational 24x7 on-call support, with flexibility to work off-hours/nights and/or weekends as needed.
· Additional DBA working knowledge (Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer) nice to have.
Experience working in an Agile environment nice to have.
Notes -- command line work in Linux along with storage and network capabilities would be beneficial. Environment is fast paced candidates have to be willing to come in and work to get through pressures and issues. Postgres is still by far top priority. Otherwise, we would consider someone with strong experience with:linux (e.g. not Microsoft SQL Server, rather MySQL or Oracle), and more of the DB system administration activities like replication, backups, upgrades, storage, clustering, and high availability (rather than design, modeling, tuning)production support, trouble shooting large, high transaction systems
· experience in database administration, development and support.: 4 years
Request: Please do not send any messages to this group which are nor related to IT staffing.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Technical Recruiters" group.
To post to this group, send email to
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Technical Recruiters" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/technical-recruiters.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/technical-recruiters/CAFHu7cBWBbsyhoN4engJ%3DhL3sBmKHzAkYKk8A351qRwe8LkC%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.