Please send resume to email@example.com
Need Local to MD F2F Interview
Position: Network Engineer
Duration: long term Contract
Interview: F2F is mandatory after phone (If HM likes resumes, direct F2F is possible)
Location: Germantown, MD
Visa: H1B. GC, US Citizen
Important notes from the HM:
This position is the highest level escalation team for our help desk – Tier III.
- The engineers need to know how to troubleshoot at this highest level
- They need to have a strong grasp of network and routing concepts and protocols as well as be able to have excellent communication skills both on the phone and in person
- Must have very hands-on team that gets exposure to a lot of types of tickets. In some larger companies, people only get the same types of tickets over and over, so they don't grow their skills.
The individual should have a solid understanding of network protocols and the performance characteristics of broadband networks (certifications on Cisco and/or other network routing equipment are desirable and should be at a level comparable to a Principal Engineer). In addition, through appropriate training, the individual should have the appropriate technical background to be able to quickly come up to speed on managed services, including the equipment, tools, and unique characteristics of such services. The individual should then be able to apply his/her technical background and experience, as well as the knowledge gained of services, in order to be perform the following tasks, with little or no supervision:
1. Monitor and pro-actively act on anomalies of the customer's network. In addition, the individual will conduct traffic analyses to determine trends that might suggest changes to bandwidth or equipment configurations.
2. Receive real-time alerts regarding any network-wide anomalies. Work with operations personnel to resolve such anomalies, while keeping customer apprised of status.
3. Monitor site outage reports to detect sites with chronic outage problems. Work with Field Service to identify and resolve the problems at such chronic sites.
4. Pro-actively monitor customer's traffic to detect any sudden, unexplained increase in traffic. Identify the IP addresses causing such traffic anomalies and report results to customer.
5. Utilize a lab environment at customer's location where customer's applications are run on a regular basis, response times are recorded, and variances from baseline are detected. Isolate the cause of such variances. If network related, identify and resolve the cause of these performance issues.
6. Use Performance Models to run traces of new or modified customer applications in order to predict the response time of such applications under different transport assumptions.
· 7-12 years of experience
· BA/BS degree
· Good understanding of routing protocols (such as RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP etc,) and switch technologies (VLAN, VTP, DTP, STP etc.,)
· Good experience with Firewall technologies, IPSEC VPNs, GRE tunnels, DMVPN etc.
· Worked for a large, multi-site company with 1000's plus of end-users.
· Experience in Designing & implementingscalable switched and routed TCP/IP, LAN and WAN networks delivering high-end network applications using Cisco, Juniper and Huawei networking equipment.
. Experience in Network Traffic/Performance Engineering.
· Good experience with: Security design using firewall products from Cisco PIX, ASA, Routers, Switches and Juniper Netscreen boxes.
· Need EXCELLENT communication skills and soft skills – personality; thorough answers
Thanks and Regards
1851 McCarthy Blvd. Suite 116, Milpitas, CA 95035
Request: Please do not send any messages to this group which are nor related to IT staffing.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Technical Recruiters" group.
To post to this group, send email to
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Technical Recruiters" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/technical-recruiters.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/technical-recruiters/CANLb5G-D4yek7X1TGf1MJmrj%2BBeYH3a0Obaf3Z%3DhbkZ7PRUFtQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.