Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: Chelsea, MA
Duration: 6+ months
• Provide Security Architecture Design for new environments
• Responsible for evaluating User administration and Root privileges on all Security Unix hosts
• Documentation of procedures for achieving required security levels associated with platform hardening, application code, and/or other acceptable security architecture standards
• Analyze current security systems and present recommendations for changes to increase reliability, functions, and services
• Review and stays current on Commonwealth Policies and Standards related to Security and environment design
• Manage, plan, and/or oversee the installation and/or maintenance of Enterprise Security Systems
• Responsible for Operating and Application System Security for production and test environments
• Maintain security firewalls
• Capable in managing, planning and directing the following:
o Installation and/or maintenance of all related security system software
o Problem detection and resolution of security system software
o Preparation of security reports to management on security systems activities and performance
o Security-related project groups to ensure completion of projects
o Security-related hardware and/or software component integration
o Research, testing, and evaluation of potential new security systems and software
• Identify and successfully troubleshoot security-related problems
• Isolate/resolve issues regarding configuration and connectivity
• Improve security performance on an ongoing basis
• Evaluate and/or recommend hardware and software security-related purchases
• Participate in Disaster Recovery efforts, including travel to test affected computer systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
• Minimum of five years of professional experience with systems security software, familiarity with firewall and Intrusion detection principals.
• Proven knowledge and professional experience within the following skillsets/tasks:
1. Firewall Technology Concepts
2. Evaluating and designing systems in a secure fashion
3. Network communications principles, technologies and systems
4. IP addressing, subnetting, routing, etc.
5. Network routing/switching
• Strong proven knowledge and understanding of:
1. Server Operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix)
2. Internet, Intranet, Extranet and other Web technologies.
3. Client Server technologies and software.
4. Network and application protocols.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying departmental policies and procedures
• Capable of handling multiple levels of detail and priorities effectively and able to work under pressure.
Request: Please do not send any messages to this group which are nor related to IT staffing.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Technical Recruiters" group.
To post to this group, send email to
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Technical Recruiters" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/technical-recruiters.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/technical-recruiters/CAGCT8-n%2BnYoq%3DUs3%2BOSD%3DyWLWu0Oz2PEu50x12%2Bj1pGjZeDJZg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.